Eugenia Berger, "Parents as Partners in Education: Pearson New International Edition:Families and Schools Working Together"
English | 2013 | pages: 304 | ISBN: 1292042001 | PDF | 49,7 mb
Parents as Partners in Education, Eighth Edition, is uniquely the most comprehensive book on the market covering the history of family/school collaboration, current issues and population trends affecting American schools and communities, diverse family structures, and techniques for establishing connections with parents and encouraging involvement with their child's learning.
Based on the notion of funds of knowledge, the knowledge that children acquire from their families, this best-selling textbook helps the reader differentiate between culture and diversity as they relate to culturally and linguistically diverse families. This edition,with a new co-author, emphasizes on understanding families' funds of knowledge, discusses culturally relevant pedagogy to work withfamilies and children, particularly those who are English language learners and/or immigrants, and provides an expanded section on working with families who have children with autism. A special focus on culturally and linguistically diverse children with special needs is a remarkable aspect of the book. Key additions and changes to this edition include:
- more practical ideas and tips for teachers on how to work with culturally and linguistically diverse children and their families in a classroom setting;
- applicable information on how to build parent involvement programs;
- strategies for working with culturally diverse students who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families;
- emphasis on the value of pre-school and pre-K programs
- methods for working with English Language Learners and their families, including a section on second language acquisition.
Rooted in the premise that once educators understand the value of families for healthy development they can begin to create strong partnerships to assist children in successful experiences in school. Parents as Partners in Education: Families and Schools Working Together, Eighth Edition will be a key component to teachers gaining this knowledge and using it in the classroom for the betterment of all children and their families.
Download From 1DL
Please Help Me Click Connect Icon Below Here and Share News to Social Network | Thanks you !